Nazwa forum

Opis forum

• Nie jeste¶ zalogowany.
  • Polecamy: Gry

#1 2010-11-07 09:47:16

Seler34

Useful peoples

Tomb Raider 1. The oldest game.

Why we can't come back for a while and remember the old, good times? Tomb Raider - the game which it got big popularity. And how Lara was looking before. Despite the many years, this game is remembered with big fondness. My favourite leves are: The city of Vilcabamba, The great pyramid.
How you perceive this game now?
TR1 was actually the last of the classic games (tr1-5) that I got around to. I got the gold version, and even though stuff from the later games spoiled me a bit, I still enjoyed it, because of course it still had the TR vibe to it. Plus the storyline was well done. I especially liked the extra levels, they were well built and challenging.
Loved it, was my favorite game until Anniversary came out. I really enjoyed Vilcabamba and Midas (that level took me like 3 hours if I remember correctly). It was thankfully the first TR game I played, on the Saturn, back in 97'
I still get a little sentimental when I remember how I ran down the caves for the very first time, back when the game came out. And I even remember how I killed Lara once by mistake for the first time: A safety drop had gone bad from the building in the City of Vilcabamaba   . I felt devastated 

TR1 was the first computer game that captured me enough to actually finish it. My favorite levels were "The lost Valley" and I absolutely loved that tall room in St Francis' Folly . I have bought every Tomb Raider game since, but none had me as excited as the first one. I enjoyed TR2 and TR2 Gold but after TR3 (and it's frustrating bugs) I had more or less lost interest in Tomb Raider games and was into playing First Person shooters like Unreal Tournament, America's Army or Racing simulators. Still, every time a new TR was released I did buy the disk, installed it, played a little but around with it for a while, but never got back into playing again on a regular basis. I never liked the mouse controls of AOD and everything that followed later, although I felt that the graphics were great. For the last 3 years or so I basically didn't play any computer games at all.

Back to the roots:
Last winter I was bored one evening, so I build a computer with spare parts I had laying around and put Windows 98 on it. A good old Voodoo3 card and a Soundblaster 16. Not knowing what to do with it , I installed TR1 and there was that old exciting feeling again. I kept playing for the next couple of days and played the whole game again. That event was pretty much what got me started into playing Tomb Raider again and this time I stuck with it. After playing through the whole series until TR5 I discovered the Level Editor. Never figured out how to use it, but while searching I found TRLE.net . That's how I ended up here

TR1 will always be special for me

Some opinions from communityforum!

I liked this forum as you,users,really I want you here beacuse forum can't be empty!

Stopka forum

RSS